The American Association recommends that children get their first orthodontic check up no later than age 7. Learn more
Fishbein Orthodontics recommends that children see an Orthodontist by Age 7. What is Early Phase I Treatment?
Orthodontics in the Mixed Dentition (When a child has both baby teeth and adult teeth in)
Why Treat Early? What are the Goals?
To correct existing or developing skeletal, dentoalveolar, and or muscular imbalances
What are the Advantages of Early Treatment?
Reduces frequency of permanent tooth extraction and corrective jaw surgery
“Crooked Teeth” listed as one of the most common reasons children get teased. Correcting "crooked teeth" at an early age for children can make a significant difference in a child's self-esteem.
Benefits of Early Treatment
- Correct width of dental arches with expansion
- Improve eruption patterns of permanent teeth
- Decrease the risk of trauma to protruded upper front teeth
- Correct oral habits such as thumb sucking
- Improve self-esteem and esthetics
- Reduce likelihood of permanent tooth extraction
- Space maitenance for permanent teeth